La Retorta 130g
- La Retorta cheese is a traditional ewe’s milk cheese and thistle rennet, so it is suitable for vegetarians
- Intense, soft and penetrating taste but without too much bitterness and it is not salted or acid
- Fine bark but consistent and flexible, creamy soft paste
- Perfect to enjoy spread in bread or with honey
- This is a REFRIGERATED product and can only be shipped with a NEXT DAY delivery service
- You can also order online and COLLECT this product in our store in EDINBURGH.
5 in stock
La Retorta cheese is a traditional cheese in South West of Spain and on the border with Portugal. This ewe's milk cheese is made using thistle rennet with a maturation process of a minimum of 60 days.
This unique Retorta cheese has a strong flavour. It has an intense, soft and penetrating taste but without too much bitterness and it is not salted or acid. It has touches of partially fermented milk. Its aroma is strong but nice with vegetable and floral nuances according to the time of the year or sheep. It consists of a fine bark but consistent and flexible, creamy soft paste.
Perfect to enjoy spread in bread or with honey.
La Retorta holds many prizes, such as the winner of Best Spanish Cheese at the World Cheese Awards 2017.
Milk, thistle rennet and salt.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.