Milk Curd – Cuajada Royal (16 servings)
- Milk curd (cuajada) is a traditional Spanish dessert consisting of just curdled milk
- Usually served with sugar or honey and nuts
- This instant cuajada can be also used on many other recipes, especially as a vegetarian alternative to jelly in desserts
112 in stock
Milk curd (cuajada) is a traditional Spanish dessert consisting of just curdled milk. With a very weak flavour (it tastes just like milk), it is usually served with sugar or honey and nuts, but can also be served with fruits. This instant cuajada can be also used on many other recipes, especially as a vegetarian alternative to jelly for your cheesecake, that will add a dairy taste to your desserts, settles just as well as jelly does, and does not melt when warmed up.
Here you have how to do make a basic cuajada:
1. Just dissolve it in 250ml of milk (it´s even better if you have sheep's milk), warm up another 250ml of milk and when it boils, add the first dissolution until it boils again.
2. Remove the pan from the cook without stop stirring, and warm it up again to the boil.
3. Pour it on the serving glasses and let it rest for 4 hours on the fridge.
Starch, fructose, food thickener (E-407), sugar, aromatic, food stabiliser (E-339), curdling agent. MIGHT CONTAIN MILK.
Spanish Food Store Online
We deliver to the whole UK from £6.20. Buy at any time from your couch, and get your favourite food, no matter if you live in a busy city or in the most remote corner of the country.