This is a set of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Sevilla in two varieties:
- The Hojiblanca olive oil has a perfect balance on its bitterness and presents some spiciness in throat. It’s perfect to enhance the flavour of dressings, breakfasts and other dishes.
- Arbequina variety is very fruity and smooth on the mouth; perfect for crudites, fish and desserts. La Espabilá is a premium oil from selected green olives picked on the first day of harvest, taken straight to the mill in crates to keep them in pristine condition, and milled at night so that their acidity is low.
La Espabilá is a premium oil from selected green olives picked on the earliest days of harvest, taken straight to the mill in crates to keep them in pristine condition, and milled at night so that their acidity is low. The oil is cold-pressed, without using any heat in the process, which produces a lower yield but of extremely high quality. Once this process has been completed, the oil is stored in stainless steel vats at the optimum temperature while it decants, and afterwards, it is bottled.
While the content is the primary focus for La Espabilá, the container is important too. They have chosen a look for the bottles that is unusual and unconventional in the world of olive oil. A bold, colourful logo captures the traditional world of olive oil (land, sun, Mediterranean) with a young, contemporary, and graphic edge.
La Espabilá is certified organic by the Andalucian Center of Organic Agriculture (CAAE).
This set of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil allows you to compare and enjoy finding the differences between different varieties of Olive Oil.
- Hojiblanca Olive Oil: Green fruitiness with high intensity. In mouth, the entrance is smooth and clean, with noticeable spiciness and bitterness, and a pleasant persistence in mouth. Reminds to olive tree leaf, tomato vine and a certain touch of green apple.
- Arbequina Olive Oil: Green fruit with a medium intensity. In the mouth, sweet at first, with light bitterness and a medium pungency which comes late but persists. Notes of fruit and lightly
herbaceous. Apple, banana and herbs, with almond and dried fruit finish.
- Hojiblanca: This is olive oil is a new variety, and the producers still did not have time to take it to any competition. Give them some time, please!
- Arbequina: Evooleum Top 100 (2019), Gold Olive Oil Award London IOOC 2019, Best Organic Arbequina Olive Oil in Spain (2018)
Superior Category Extra Virgin Olive Oil, directly obtained from olives only by the use of mechanical means. Cold extraction.