Roscon de Reyes de Hojaldre (Puff Pastry)
£29.00 – £39.00
Unfortunately, Roscón de Reyes will not be provided this year. Sorry about the inconveniences!
- This product is ONLY available for COLLECTION or delivery in EDINBURGH
- Our home-made foods need to be ORDERED IN ADVANCE. We don´t have a kitchen in-store
- This product is DELIVERED ON WEDNESDAY.
- Last day for same-week delivery is Monday at 23:59
- Please, find MORE DETAILS BELOW
- Hand-made puff pastry cake, baked and coated with almonds and cherries
- A modern interpretation of the most beloved Christmas puddings in Spain
- Includes the crown, but a figurine and a bean can´t be introduced in the puff-pastry roscón
The 6th of January is the Epiphany, called in Spain "Kings Day" (Día de Reyes) because it is when the Three Wise Men visited Jesus in Bethlehem. In the Spanish tradition the Three Wise Men (Los Reyes Magos) leave presents to the children who was good, and only charcoal to the naughty ones, and there are big parades all accross the country, celebrating the arrival of the Magi. The 6th of January is a public holiday when the families gather to have the last festive meal and exchange gifts.
Roscón de Reyes is a seasonal pudding that is traditionally eaten on the 6th of January (though most families can´t wait and have it on the evening of the 5th, right after picking it up from the bakery or the supermarket, that will be closed on the 6th). In the dough there is a bean and a figure. The one that finds the figure is crown as a king or queen, and the one who finds the bean should pay the roscón. Despite everybody knows the rules, each roscon comes with a card that explains them, and that is usually read out loud before cutting the roscon, just to clarify the game (but I never heard of anybody who ended up paying for the pudding after finding the bean).
This is a modern interpretation of the most beloved Christmas puddings in Spain. It is made with a hand-made puff pastry, baked and coated with almonds and cherries. Our Roscón de Reyes includes the crown, but a figurine and a bean can´t be introduced in the puff-pastry roscón because the baking process does not allow that possibility.
Our roscones are home made by a Spanish expert baker. Despite roscón de reyes is a seasonal pudding, any day is a good day to have a roscon! We can not deliver roscones every day, because our baker is not based in Edinburgh, but if you want to order one you still can contact us for an enquiry. Drop us an email at email@example.com, or give us a call to 07742203460 during our opening times. Note that the dough needs a long time to ferment properly. Please, allow us 72/48 hours to make the dough and bake the roscón for you by placing the order 2 or 3 days in advance!
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Contains wheat (gluten), yeast, milk and butter, eggs.
- If you have any food allergy, please let us know.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
How to order our homemade foods:
Unfortunately, we are unable to ship homemade foods because they would be destroyed in transit. Homemade foods need to be collected in our shop in Edinburgh.
Our home-made foods need to be ordered in advance. This is because our foods are really homemade and our cook needs time to have everything ready for you!
Currently, we have deliveries on Wednesday and Saturday only:
- Order by Monday at 17:30 to collect your order on Wednesday
- Order by Thursday at 17:30 to collect your order on Saturday
If you are not sure, please give us a call or drop us an email. We are always happy to help! Our telephone number es 07742 203460, and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org