San Simon Da Costa Cheese D.O.P. 900g
- Deep, smoky aroma, with dairy hints and a pleasant taste to nuts and butter
- Made from the pasteurized milk of Blonde cows
- It has the San Simon D.O. seal of authenticity
- Awarded with 5 World Cheese Awards
- This is a REFRIGERATED product and can only be shipped with a NEXT DAY delivery service
- Any order containing THIS PRODUCT placed from 23/12/2020 to 28/12/2020 will be SHIPPED on 29/10/2020
- You can also order online and COLLECT this product in our store in EDINBURGH.
2 in stock
San Simón greets you with a deep, smoky aroma, with dairy hints and a pleasant taste to nuts and butter. Smoked with birch wood, it´s aroma reminds you of the tiny stone villages in Galicia in northern Spain. This cheese can be served with bread, and pairs with white Spanish wines fermented in barrel, crianza red Spanish wines, or light beer. It also melts like a dream for delectable canapés.
San Simón is such a signature cheese of Galicia that it was granted protected D.O. status, preserving this cheese tradition for generations to come. It is made from the fresh pasteurized milk of grass-fed Galician Blonde cattle. The new cheese is smoked for a couple of hours over fresh birch wood, lending it a tan colour and alluring smokiness. It is then aged for about two months.
San Simon cheese Prestes has been elaborated following the traditional recipe since 1997 and has won five World Cheese Awards, including one gold, three silvers and one bronze.
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Allergens: contains milk
- Gluten free
Pasteurised cow milk, rennet, lactic cultures (milk), calcium chloride, lysozyme (from egg), and salt. Preservatives (E-202, E-235).
This product needs to be kept refrigerated. Our packaging will keep the temperature for 48, therefore we ship it only using 24h delivery. Please, make yourself sure that you will be at home to receive it, or let us know if there is a safe place where the parcel can be left in case you are not at home.