Sobaos Pasiegos (Butter Sponge Cakes) 8 Units
- Sobao or sobao pasiego is a Spanish delicacy typical of the Valles Pasiegos
- Eggs, butter and sugar enrich the dough
- They have a glossy look, as if they got soggy because too much handled
- Don´t get fooled by their appearance, it´s only a proof of their rich flavour!
- This product is ONLY available for COLLECTION or DELIVERY in EDINBURGH
- Collections and deliveries are on WEDNESDAY
- Our home-made foods need to be ORDERED IN ADVANCE. We don´t have a kitchen in-store
- Last day for same-week collection is MONDAY at 17:30
- Please, find MORE DETAILS BELOW
998 in stock
Sobao or sobao pasiego is a Spanish delicacy typical of the Valles Pasiegos and one of the signature delicacies of Cantabria. The name “sobao” comes from the verb “sobar”, meaning rubbing or kneading, because on the traditional recipe the eggs, butter and sugar added to enrich the bread dough were rubbed in it. Today they still have a glossy look, as if they got soggy because too much handled, but don´t get fooled by their appearance, it´s only a proof of their rich flavour!
- Allergens: contains gluten, butter (milk) and eggs.
Butter, flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder, lemon zest
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
How to order our homemade foods:
Unfortunately, we are unable to ship homemade foods because they would be destroyed in transit. Homemade foods need to be collected in our shop in Edinburgh.
Our home-made foods need to be ordered in advance. This is because our foods are really homemade and our cook needs time to have everything ready for you!
Currently, we have deliveries on Wednesday only:
- Order by Monday at 17:30 to collect your order on Wednesday
If you are not sure, please give us a call or drop us an email. We are always happy to help! Our telephone number es 07742 203460, and our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org